3D printer! Finally

Finally got my hands on a3d printer had to fix it but worth it.  $299 used and not calibrated.


Its a da Vinci 1.0.

First issue was calibration.


Had spent about 1 to 2 hours adjusting little thumb screw till I got it almost perfect.. pass!


Then I found out you have to use there catridge of filament which is about 10 to 15 bucks more than normal filament of equal size and type. So I had to downgrade the firmware.. which I have no pictures of but trust me its a process 🙂

After the downgrade I had to reset the filament chip in the cartridge.  Using a pro mini arduino I got that done. Instead of aoldering to pad I found points on back of pcb to use.






Now I have a fully functional 3d printer that can use any abs/pla filament.  Yes!


About atomsoft

Starting a small company. Trying to build it from ground up. Only 2 employees so far. Nothing serious yet but soon!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: